Driver: Gary Taylor
D.O.B.: Aug 10, 1981
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Years of racing: 26
Goal In Racing:To be able to race for a living.
Gary got his start in racing at age 6 in Quarter Midgets. Over the next seven years he stacked up 7 regional championships, 33 track records and a Western Grand National Championship in 1993. In the fall of '94 the Taylor's purchased a 250 Micro Sprint and through '97 Gary picked up 22 A-Feature wins at tracks the Northwest. At the age of 16 Gary got the opportunity to move up to 360 sprint cars and his love for Sprint Car and Midget racing has continued over the last 17 seasons.
After cutting his teeth on the Northwest dirt tracks Gary had the opportunity to move to Denver, Colorado and drive for legendary car owner Harry Conklin in 2003. After 4 sucessful seasons of Midget and Sprint Car racing Gary had the chance to go racing full time for car owners Mike and Megan Eubanks in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2007. After several years of racing around the Midsouth and Sooner Region Gary racked up more wins in winged sprint car and midget competetion. In 2013 Gary made the move to Indiana and competed in Mark Herys non wing sprint car at tracks in Indiana and Ohio bringing in 2nd place finishes at Gas City, Kokomo and lawrencburg speedways as well 5 top 10 finishes in USAC national sprint car competition. In 2014 Gary started racing with Ohio winged sprint car owner Jason Fausey and the pair found speed right out of the gate. Over the last 3 summers Gary has had multiple quick times, 2nd place finishes at Fremont, Attica, Lima.. and and impressive 2nd place finish in World of outlaw competition at Eldora Speedway.
Gary's resume now has wins in a variety of open wheel cars, and shows his versatility and ability to quickly adapt to new tracks and conditions. In adult competition he now has: 28 Winged Sprint Car wins (2 ASCS Nat.), 3 Non Wing Sprint Car wins, 13 Dirt Midget wins, 10 Asphalt Midget wins, and 1 600cc Tulsa Shootout Win.. at various tracks in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.. and championships in both a Midgets and a Winged Sprint Cars. Gary is currently a front end mechanic at Andretti Autosport on Scott Speeds Volkswagon Andretti Rallycross car, but would love the chance to further a career in driving full time once again.
- 1993 Lt. AA ¼ Midget National Champion
- 2004 RMMRA Midget Champion
- 2005 ASCS Rocky Mountain Region Sprint Car Champion
- 2007 SMRS Midget Champion
- 2008.. 8 win season racing full time for TelStar Motorsports.. 2 ASCS National wins during Summer Sizzle Speedweek
- 2009 600cc Tulsa Shootout win
- 2009 and 2013 Chili bowl Amain starts.. 12th place in 2009
- 2009-2012 12 360 Sprint Car wins for various car owners in Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, Missouri, and Montana.
- 2014-2016 6 top 5s, 15 top 10s in Winged 410 Sprint Car racing In Ohio and Indiana. Highlighted by a 2nd Place finish at Eldora Speedway WoO action